In our first blog in this series, we discussed the functioning of a healthy septic tank. Today, we’ll discuss what happens when septic tank problems arise.
The Beginning of Septic Tank Problems
Early Signs of Septic Tank Problems
The early signs and symptoms of septic tank problems are usually unnoticed by the time the outward appearance and visible signs occur the problem has moved to your drain field.
- You can suspect the problem is the drain field if:
- There are odors or persistent wet spots over the field.
- The plumbing becomes sluggish over a period of time, or when it’s used heavily, or during wet months
- Problems persist even though the tank has been pumped recently
- The septic tank is flooded